Do you want to be a part of The Jedediah Thomas Smith Foundation’s mission to support families with children fighting cancer? You can – and it’s so easy. Check out some of our simple and creative fundraising ideas below! Even better – create your own!
Please contact Savannah Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for fundraiser coaching, JTSF promotional materials for your fundraiser and with any questions.
Creative and unique fundraisers will be featured on our Facebook page!
- Whether you’re turning 5 or 55, organize a birthday party that benefits children with cancer. Let your guests know that this year, you will be collecting monetary donations for The Jedediah Thomas Smith Foundation
- Organize a casual day at your office and ask for donations from your co-workers. Let them know that while they are comfortable in their jeans, they are helping kids with cancer!
Neighborhood Football Game
- Consider a friendly (or competitive) neighborhood football game! Ask each player to make a small donation to join and encourage spectators to get involved too. Other options: soccer game, volleyball game and teachers vs. students games
- This is one of the oldest fundraisers in the book! Everyone loves sweet treats and if they help kids with cancer, they are sure to be sweeter!
Do Good Holiday Party
- Hosting a holiday party? Ask your guests to bring a donation to help fight childhood cancer in leu of their hostess gift. At the party, take a moment to talk to your guests about The Jedediah Thomas Smith Foundation and the impact of their donation.
- Host a JTSF Cook-off for your family, neighborhood, friends or co-workers. Solicit novice chefs/bakers to submit a dish. Guests vote on their favorite dishes with money and the dish with the most money wins a prize of your choice! Donate the money to help children with cancer!
- Don’t underestimate the power of a penny! Start saving your coins and see how many you can collect. Set a deadline and then donate what you have collected to help fight childhood cancer.
- Are you just itching to clean out all of that unwanted stuff? Consider having a yard sale for charity. Let your buyers know that not only are they purchasing a treasure but they are helping to fight childhood cancer. Tip: avoid paying for a permit by hosting your yard sale on your community’s ‘free yard sale day’ – this also brings in more buyers.
Craft for a Cure
- Are you a direct seller, crafter or do you own a small business? Consider raising funds for The Jedediah Thomas Smith Foundation through your products. How? Donate a flat rate from all sales, donate a percentage of a specific product, create a specific “JTSF” product – the ideas don’t stop there.
“I Do” Donations
- Getting married? Consider making a donation to The Jedediah Thomas Smith Foundation in leu of favors. Let your guests know how much they have helped the fight against childhood cancer with a beautiful sign or cards on your special day. We can help!
Get creative and make your own JTSF fundraiser to help children fighting cancer. Contact Savannah Smith at email@example.com for help organizing your event.